Monday, August 25, 2008

Teaching in California

While I was in California I had the opportunity to teach a Praise Quilt Workshop. Fourteen women from different churches in the Morro Bay area attended. I taught an abbreviated version of my Lazy Landscape class and demonstrated how I do Thread Paint Lettering and raw-edge applique. I thoroughly enjoyed connecting with women whom all share a calling to make banners for their churches. Here are two pieces.
The first piece is by Donna Ross and was made for Pentecost.


This next piece is by Judie Kirkhart and is a gift for a family member.

Thank you to Loisann Cass for thinking of this workshop and organizing it. And thank you to the Calvary Luthern Church for hosting the event.

1 comment:

Suzanne Kistler said...

What a wonderful way to share your talents. It's so exciting to see more people called to express their faith through quilting. What a blessing!