Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Houston Purchases

 I had a wonderful time at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, TX. Like many of the 60,000 visitors, I spent some money. My treasures on this trip, besides spending time with dear friends, was supporting some favorite charities and bringing home some little quilts.
Jamie Fingal - Zippy Floral

The first is by Jamie Fingal. It's called "Zippy Floral" and was donated to the IQA auction.

Fannie Narte - Love Heals
The second piece is by Fannie Narte. It's called "Love Heals" and raised money for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative (AAQI). I volunteered in the AAQI booth and enjoyed time with Ami Simms and her team. Ami is holding up a Priority Quilt made by Betty Bassett of Poolesville, MD. Betty made this piece in my Priority Quilt workshop last May.

Terri Stegmiller - Fresh Cut 2
The third piece is by Terri Stegmiller and is called "Fresh Cut 2". Terri donated this piece to the Texas Quilt Museum.

5 comments:

Terri Stegmiller said...

Hi Lisa, what a pleasant surprise to see you have purchased Fresh Cut 2. Thank you so much for sharing the support of the Texas Quilt Museum. I hope you enjoy it.

I'm so happy too, that we met in person while in Houston.

Fannie said...

Hi, Lisa. Thanks for buying my quilt and for supporting the AAQI in so many ways. It was a joy to meet you and finally give you a "real" hug.

I hope our paths cross again . . . and again . . . .

Suzanne Kistler said...

Hi Lisa,
It was wonderful to walk through the show with you. Congratulations on your delightful purchases. I'm coming to the conclusion that purchasing quilts to support good causes can be very addictive. In a good way. :)
One of these days I'll post pics of my Houston quilt purchases.

Houston...very good memories! Love that zippy little flower!

Julie Bagamary said...

What fun purchases!!

Unknown said...

So YOU got Fannie's other quilt!! I LOVED that quilt - but I got the other one that was in Houston and I'm thrilled with it.

Thanks for all you do for AAQI, Lisa!