Saturday, May 7, 2011

Village Piecemakers Workshop for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

Today I spent a wonderful day with the Village Piecemakers from Poolesville, MD. I did a workshop devoted to making Priority Quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative.  After teaching my favorite stripped piece background, I demonstrated some of my techniques to make trees and flowers.  In this photo you can see the works in progress. It was so much fun to see these little 9" x 12" quilts develop. I look forward to seeing the finished projects.

1 comment:

MsT said...

Lisa, your knowledge and expertise, and generosity in sharing your techniques with us were an inspirational treat. My only regret is that we only had you for 4 hours :) I can't wait to try some more of the techniques and to sending some off - thank you again!